       ditto.

From: Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Threading
To: Rob Jasper <Rob@famjasper.nl>
Cc: jim@lang.hm, "users@global.libreoffice.org" <
users@global.libreoffice.org>, Mark Bourne <
libreoffice-ml.mbourne@spamgourmet.com>

Hi :)  Breaks it ut for me.  GMail on a Chromebook right now.

So i think that confirms my GMail account does threading by the
subject-line.  There might be a setting to change that but i don't want to
poke around with it right now.  Maybe when i get back to my desktop i might
have a look.

On 16 October 2015 at 12:30, Rob Jasper <Rob@famjasper.nl> wrote:

Stays in the tread for me :-)

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 - Mail version 5.3

Rob.

On 16 okt. 2015, at 13:11, James E Lang wrote:

This reply is being sent from my Android phone using MailDroid. I don't
think it'll break threading except in receiving clients that use the
subject for threading like Pegasus Mail for Windows does.

--
Jim

From: Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:52 PM
list??
How to avoid being swamped ...
To: Rob Jasper <Rob@famjasper.nl>
Cc: "users@global.libreoffice.org" <users@global.libreoffice.org>

Hi :)
+1
Most email clients have such threading.  Thunderbird, Claws and
Evolution
do.  "The Bat!" (for Windows) does.  Gmail is not really an email
client as
you tend to create a new email address to use it, but it does the
conversations/threading thing by default too.

Hotmail (that's an MS one right?) and Microsoft Outlook and Yahoo
don't.
Well, Yahoo might by now but the Micorosoft ones haven't caught up with
the
rest of the world yet.

I found that moving from unthreaded to threaded was a HUGE help.
Before
that i'd been struggling with every single email!!  A complete
nightmare.
Now i can see the whole thread/conversation and which issues have
already
been dealt with and which issues could maybe do with a bit more work.
It's
drastically cut the amount of emails i write :))

As with any new system it took me a while to work it out and a little
longer to really start benefiting from it.  Much the same as when i
took a
touch-typing course, initially my speeds plummeted but quite soon after
was really glad i'd made the switch.  When i finally managed to get all
my
emails being pulled into my GMail account it really "polished off" my
migration.  At first i "kept all the email on the server" so they were
still in Yahoo and being duplicated in GMail but once i was confident
(took
me about a week) i switched that around so that they get deleted from
Yahoo
if they make it into GMail.  I still have my Yahoo account but i rarely
ever even sign into it except to change the password and just check.

I'm not saying this to advertise Gmail.  Many, many email systems have
this
functionality.  The main thing is to move away from total reliance on
Microsoft ones by using any of them.

I suspect that a lot of Alexander's problem with this mailing list is
that
he is still stuck on Hotmail.

On 14 October 2015 at 19:00, Rob Jasper <Rob@famjasper.nl> wrote:

reading with my standard iMac email client set to "organize by
Conversation", and this bundels all mails of one thread into one
entry,
so,
after the discussion tread calmes down (does not pop to the top of my
unread email list anymore) I just delete the whole thing in one go.
I'm sure other mailers have the same functionality.

Just my solution, but it works for me :-)

Regards,
Rob.