Mike,
I just couldn't be more different than you.
You are seriously misunderstand the whole problem. This is not about bugs. This is about
standardization, this is about the question of freedom vs slavery.

Anyway we as a company (although not a big one) using OpenOffice.org exclusively for 5 years. We
are communicating the whole world (IT and not IT companies, European and Hungarian Public
Institution, we have US and UK business partners) and during this 5 year we never (let me say
NEVER!) experienced any blocking bug. Even with docx, xlsx format could be read and written by OO.o
or LibO (or at least a workaround can be find).

And let me remind you that EC is not spending it's own money but mine and yours! And the minimum
level is make the whole process open and transparent.

So this is not about bugs, but policy, future and a livable life.

Best,
Laszlo

--
Kürti László