       Mark, I so agree with you;
           when music and/or talking starts the moment I open an e-mail or
a website page, my first thought is very negative ... especially since most
of the time the producer has set the volume to a deafening level.

From: Mark Bourne <libreoffice-ml.mbourne@spamgourmet.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Product support question please!
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

dpregan54 wrote:

 PLEASE NOTE =

Please forward this email to the people who handle product support
questions for LibreOffice Writer.

Dear Sir or Ms.,

I have been a very please long time user of your various products
especially your writer product but now I have a question which I can not
find the answer to and here is my question:

+) I am attempting to build an HTML Business Plan because I want several
people to read it and I do not know what kind of word processors they will
be using. In the Business Plan I wish to have a Sound Track so to speak
playing a certain song while they are reading the business plan.

Personally, if I open a web page (or other HTML document) and it
automatically starts playing music or other sounds, my immediate reaction
is to close that page. It's just an annoyance, particularly in an office
etc. where it also disturbs everyone else. I might mute the sound on my PC
and then reopen the page, but more often I just don't bother. If you want
people to actually read your business plan, it may be better NOT to play
music in the background as soon as they open it!

 I attempted to insert Sound using the insert Movie & Sound command but
whatever sound I attempt to insert it always tells me that it is the wrong
format. I have searched online and read the LibreOffice Writer owners
manual to no avail AND I AM HOPING THAT YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM.

+) WHAT AUDIO FORMATS ARE ACCEPTABLE IN LibreOffice Writer?

I'm not sure about that, although from Luuk's response it looks like at
least MP3 should work. It will also depend on the formats supported by web
browsers, although MP3 should be fine there. And if you're emailing this
document, rather than hosting it on a web server, you'll also need to email
the sound file separately, and instruct your readers/listeners to extract
both files to an appropriate folder for the sound to work.

 I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Very truly yours,

Dennis Regan