       Since you desire to print on paper,
            yes, the images would need to be on the document;
           therefore either #2 or 3 should do.

From: hw <hw@gartencenter-vaehning.de>
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:51 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] how to put images into a report
To: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>

Am 29.03.2015 um 22:55 schrieb anne-ology:

         to plop any image into a document, you could
            (1) place its URL into the document;
                     clicking on this will bring up the image.
            (2) copy then paste the image into the document;
                     at times this approach is faulty for some reason.
            (3) download the image to the computer, then
                    either copy then paste
                     (at times this approach is faulty for some reason)
                      or
                    select image through document settings;
                     (works well each time)

        When the image is on the document,
             you can then select then right-click to obtain 'properties'
then select however you desire to have the image appear.

        Hoping this helps,

Thank you for your suggestions!  None of them work because the report will
be printed on paper and needs to be generated automatically from the
information in the database.  Printing should also happen automatically,
triggered by a cron job ...

From: hw <hw@gartencenter-vaehning.de>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:13 AM
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

Hi,

how can I put images into a report?

I have a query on a database that, amongst others, has a field with the
file name of an image.  All images are stored in a particular directory, so
the relevant table in the database holds the file name of the image, for
example "abc.jpg".  I need the image that has the particular file name
displayed in the report.

The images are of different sizes, and in the first step, I'd like to have
them scaled to fit into the report, and their aspect ratio must not be
changed.  In a second step, I might use some external tool to make all
images the same size eventually.