On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
I didn't say I didn't know how to do it.  I didn't say I wanted to build it.  This is about
honoring the spirit of the free software promise.  It is not even about building the code.
People may want to do any number of things with the source code (inspect for bugs, for example).

To honour the "spirit" of the free software promise, it should be more
than adequate to grab the git repositories. Ask me if you want more
details for this.
To honour the "letter" of the free software promise, then you do need
those 3.3.2 tarballs.
A quick look at the TDF download website shows that it currently
covers the latest versions (due to space?), 3.3.3 for the 3.3 line,
and 3.4.0 for the 3.4 line.
Digging a bit deeper shows this
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/tdf/libreoffice/box/3.3.2/LibO_3.3.2-2_DVD_allplatforms_de.iso
2.8GB DVD ISO which I believe has the source code.

People who actually want to do things with the source code would need
to use the git repositories, as it shows the changes between different
versions.
You can also view online your 3.3.2 branch at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice

Simos

I *did* say I don't see where the distro tells me how to find it and I don't see where the
download page lets me find it "in the same way" (and now I can't even find the version that I am
running). 20-21 tar.bz's are also rather intimidating, but way better than nothing.

So, where is the link on the web site that would let me find the version I am running and the
source code for it?  (The same question for dependency derivatives is a bonus question.)

 - Dennis