Hmm, if you make a copy of a DocX (and Odt) then you can rename the
file-ending from .docx to .zip.  Then a double click opens the file as
though it's a normal zip-file.  The audio part is probably saved in a
folder inside there.

However i get the feeling that the audio component IS already in the Odt
but just not playing correctly and i don't know why.

On 24 December 2014 at 20:16, anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com> wrote:

       Just downloaded then attempted to play this -
           then I opened it in LO to find that there is no sound attached.

       Therefore here's another example of where MsFt is able to play a
sound byte
           which LO must consider as dangerous  ???

       A possible solution:
           play in MsFt PP then go 'behind the scenes' to collect the audio
sound byte ...
          then piece the video with the audio together & save for your
enjoyment.

From: M Henri Day <mhenriday@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] No audio in Impress with the famous Don
McLean Vincent van Gogh pps-file on Linux Mint 17.1
To: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>
Cc: "LibreOffice, users" <users@global.libreoffice.org>

       I don't know how Linux works,
           (maybe there's a work around with this system)
          but using WINdows, what you're attempting is not possible since
        (1) VLC Media Player does not recognize PPs -
                 if the sound was actually attached -
                    sounds as if that may be the case -
                  to the PP, then you should be able to locate it in the
LO
section of your computer;
         (APPData -> Roaming -> LibreOffice -> 3 -> user -> Gallery ->
you'll see all audio files which you've played)

         (2) if the sound was not actually attached then you will need to
return to the source for the audio file.

         (3) just 'searched' for 'Son et Lumière' and located a number of
videos which might be what you seek -
                 one can be found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NviTpDb6pEk -
                (on the side are others)

         (4) curiously wondering what
libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer
is,

From: M Henri Day <mhenriday@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM
McLean
Vincent van Gogh pps-file on Linux Mint 17.1
To: "LibreOffice, users" <users@global.libreoffice.org>

​I e, I get the slide show, ​but no sound. If I attempt to play the
presentation in, e g, VLC Media Player, I get the music, but no images.
Very frustrating ?...

Any suggestions as to how I can get *son et lumière* to work together,
preferably in Impress ? I can mention that I've installed
libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer, but no joy....
​​
Henri​

​Thanks for your reply, anne-ology !  fear you misunderstood me ; I first
tried opening the .pps file in LibreOffice Impress, before checking to see
what would happen in the event I opened it in other media players such as
VLC. As stated above, I got no sound when I did so on my Linux Mint 17.1
machine ; I can report that the audio portion of the file didn't work any
better in Impress (LO version: 4.3.5.2) on an updated 64-bit Windows 8.1
machine. I had, of course, no difficulty whatever playing it in Powerpoint
(MS Office 2013)....

Anyone else
​have any suggestions ? This wonderful presentation is available online -
4peonies.com/VanGogh.pps - so interested LO users can easily give it a
whirl and see if they get better results than I do....

Henri

deleted