You are welcome :)  I wanted to try the template idea but i've never been much good with them and
managed to stuff-up this one too.  I tend to find it easier to build it from scratch for myself
because then when it goes wrong i sometimes have a vague idea what i did wrong and it's easier to
quickly scroll through the cells checking that one doesn't suddenly leap out as being blatantly
wrong.

For dates you could try typing in
January
February
and maybe do March too, just to give Calc an even bigger hint, and then select all the cells you
just filled in with the date and use the little black square again to drag down and it 'should'
pick-up the pattern and fill in the rest of the months.

I put "should" in sarcastic quotes because in life in general i find there is often a huge
disconnect between what "should be" and "what is" (in BattleStar Galactica they say "the truth on
the ground" (ironically)).  Sometimes programs guess at the continuation really easily but that
would usually be when you really wanted the 2 months to be cycled endlessly making it impossible to
get jan, feb, jan, feb ... and then it learns that just in time for you to really need it to list
all the months.  Still, it's worth a try because it really 'should' work the way you need and it's
easy enough to try extending it for a few cells as a test-run.  Other good tools for this are
copy&paste from the mouse's right-click menu or using the keyboard short-cuts
Ctrl x = cut  (x looks a bit like scissors?)
Ctrl c = copy  (c stands for copy)
Ctrl v = paste (err, happens to be nearby)
or a combination of the different copy&paste methods.