On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:28 AM, BRM <bm_witness@yahoo.com> wrote:

----- Original Message ----

From: Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl>
To: discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Fri, October 29, 2010 2:22:03 AM
Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Copyright Assignments & the Document
Foundation

Hi all,

BRM wrote (29-10-10 00:41)

From: Thorsten  Behrens<thb@documentfoundation.org>

BRM wrote:
The Linux Kernel guys don't require it;  KDE E.v. does. Both  methods
have
their pros and  cons.

Hi, just a very small  correction here - KDE  e.V. does not require
it, it is optional to sign their  FLA (a  trait shared among other
FLOSS projects, e.g. the Python  Foundation  acts similarly).

Thank you for the correction.  I thought they did from what I had read
while
back.
Yet  another method to accomplish the same goal.

What would be the use of  people giving the option to share a CA or not.
Just
the fact that, in case for  e.g. a licence update, you only have to
contact x%
of the  contributors?

It certainly reduces the burden. Otherwise you have to contact 100% of
contributors, not all of which may be easy to find if at all.

I don't mean to be morbid, but they may not even be alive.

-Todd

*** All posts to this list are publicly archived ***