Hello Thorsten,

Indeed, good idea. I'll try to see where we can insert these words but
others are welcome to do so.

Best,

Charles.

Le dimanche 04 janvier 2015 à 18:37 +0100, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :
Hi website list,

the below discussion from the AOO project I think is good advise -

TL;DR:
 - have an occasional eye on the first few google hits for
   'download LibreOffice'
 - have the most important landing pages (main page, download page)
   contain 'Official page' (and the corresponding translations for
   localized sites) in the page title, so google displays it
   prominently
 - and as a corollary, possibly the videolan project has a few more
   scam prevention ideas for inspiration ;)

----- Forwarded message from david ong <dowk69@gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:17:40 +0800
From: david ong <dowk69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Valid site to download?

Hi Andrea,

Yes, its still the first result!! Thank goodness!!!
One suggestion is to make the headling for the search result to include
"Official page", instead of small print.

An example would be VideoLAN. When I did a search for vlc, the words
"Official page for VLC..." is clear. So people would be highly unlikely to
go for the next few download sites.

Thinking...
David Ong

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>
wrote:

On 30/12/2014 david ong wrote:

When I do a search for openoffice, the 3rd search result is actually "
www.openoffice.us_DOT_com".
Being the 3rd search result means that many people would have downloaded
from it.
Is this a valid site to download?

The only official site is http://www.openoffice.org (which, I hope, comes
as the first result!).

 Or is this a scam to promote a malware-tainted copy of openoffice?

We don't know. That site is not affiliated with the OpenOffice project and
we cannot know what it offers. Always use the official site. See
http://s.apache.org/genuine-openoffice

Regards,
  Andrea.