On 03/26/2013 12:05 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I would definitely use more columns for this. Possibly in groups of 3 perhaps with an extra column as an empty gap to make it easier to read. Perhaps change "Page layout" to 'landscape' instead of 'portrait' in case i needed to print it out.

So, something like
Column A = time, for it's heading i would use the date or the day-of-the-week Column B = value, for it's heading i would say something like "Imported data" (perhaps turned sideways or something?) Column C = calculated code (instead of colour), for it's heading i would say "code" Column D = calculated value, for it's heading i would say something like "Result" Column E = blank but narrowed to half width or less. It's often handy to have an extra column "just in case" but it's main purpose is to split the groups of columns up

Column F = time, for it's heading i would use the date or the day-of-the-week Column G = value, for it's heading i would say something like "Imported data" (perhaps turned sideways or something?) Column H = calculated code (instead of colour), for it's heading i would say "code" Column I = calculated value, for it's heading i would say something like "Result" Column J = blank but narrowed to half width or less. It's often handy to have an extra column "just in case" but it's main purpose is to split the groups of columns up

I will try that in Calc.

The currently uploaded file's layout looks a bit random so it might help to make it more formal even though that takes a bit of the magic out of it, as does losing the colours and replacing with "Code".

Well, it is rondom, it a scheme for demonstration purpos.

    *From:* Krunoslav Šebetić <kruno0407@gmail.com>

    <snip />
    *

    *
    > Hi.
    > From the example on Nabble I can see what you are doing but not
    how it relates to your example above. There are 3 columns and not
    5, is this 3 times a day. There is no date or time, is it to be
    assumed that all data in column A is at the same time and each
    line is a new day.

    > Steve

    Well that ods file is just example, as I mentioned before. I do
    not have document created. This is just a preparation and because
    of that file from nabble is a scheme. Thats the reasen Im using
    this mailing list. Just wonna know is posible add values/numbers
    based on cell background color.

    We can say that Column A is one day and column B is another. We
    can say thats needed the rows represents time of the day (morning,
    noon, evening). So, first I need to fill column A and rows
    respective to the column, and another day rows resprective to
    column B.

    This weather thing is the closest to what Im doing, and i really
    doubt I could explain it on the real project. Is it possible do
    edit xml file or something and do it with some find/repleca - if
    in xml file founded line "background color:red"  "devide by 2.7"
    and put that number betwen string x and string y?

    Thanks for your time!