I think the best answer is to get the other people to use LibreOffice or OpenOffice if they want to
collaborate with you.

Perhaps just distribute as Odt and point out that the newer version of MSO can handle it and even
MSO 2010 and 2007 can handle Odt (even though those last 2 can't handle Ods).  Perhaps point out
that if they don't want to buy the latest MSO then LibreOffice is free.

There is always the "Portable Apps" option
http://www.libreoffice.org/index.php/download/portable/
if they are not allowed to install stuff on their machines.  Note that can apparently also be
installed to a Cloud but i've not heard from anyone who has done that.  So it might be fantastic
and completely trouble-free.

I think 2nd best idea was getting other people to use Google Drive and Google Docs.  Then the
format is irrelevant.  They probably wouldn't even notice that they are using Odt then.

A lot of the bug-fixing currently done is to try to fix compatibility issues with MSO's formats.
So, yes post bug-reports but also try more recent versions of LibreOffice as the problem might
already have been fixed.

From: Spencer Graves <spencer.graves@prodsyse.com>
From: Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>