I've been carefully running around the several groups created for Libre and
snooping here & there for where I might be most effective to jump in and
lend assistance. I want to learn the app a little better first, but here's
my first serious suggestion that should be very easy to implement.

Please, please, please, PLEASE, when the rev changes, USE THE NEW REV in the
installer and installation pages, NOT just "3.3" when it's 3.3.1!
   Just like OO.o, there is no way to tell whether you are installing 3.3.1
or 3.3.0 and as more upgrades become available, the situation will get
worse, just like with OO.o.
    I forgot and worried that I hit a wrong key and was installing 3.3.0 and
not 3.3.1 today!  I had to go through the complete installation until I
could open one of the apps and check Help to see what version of the program
I'd installed. The Help menu is the ONLY place the revisin shows up!
   Why can't the revision level be specified on the installer pages? Seems
simple enough to implement. I can agree with calling it Version 3 period,
but I should also be able to see 3.3.1 is being installed somewhere early on
in the install process.
   The "3.3.1" shows in the installer filename but you don't see it again
until after the install completes and you can open one of the apps and check
Help About. THEN, after the install, I have to go around and make sure the
old Libre shortcuts go to 3.3.1 or did a path change and only the newly
placed icon works? Same goes for the Windows Programs List; add the stupid
"... .1" there and to the desktop icon, too.
   In fact, I'd also like to see 3.3.1 in the Splash Screen that starts with
the program, too. That way as soon as it starts up I'll know exactly what I
opened. I often leave the old revs in place and specify new locations for
future upgrades, just so I can easily make comparisons between the revs,
when the changes are substantial.
   I haven't yet looked for the Issues listing but will shortly. My
participation will depend on whether Libres uses the same one OO.o did or
not. If it does, I won't be participating in the Issues listings.

KUDOS on fixing several of the long-standing bugs and required work-arounds
that OO.o had. I'd report the list of them periodically, several people
would pipe in with a "yeah, that's right!" but nothing was ever done to
correct them, not even the ones that were there in rev 1. Libre appears to
be THE app to follow; looking forward to assisting in the near future.

Regards,

Twayne`

--
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with