I don't expect this will change, but I find the reasoning that appears to be behind it rather
interesting.

So, let me see if I understand this.  So that you and other TDF Members can now have
libreoffice.org e-mail addresses (which will be forwarded to whatever actual e-mail services hold
and deliver mail as each individual member arranges) like floeff@libreoffice.org, all the rest of

And this irreversible change may or may not be disruptive in unexpected ways, but you'll do your
best because it is being done by throwing a switch on the universe and Mother Nature can be
petulant about such things (not to mention the opportunity it affords for Puck, Kokopelli, and Loki
to have a little fun with the foolish humans).

So does this mean that the archives will also change their URLs and any linking we have done to
existing list posts will be broken?  (I mention this as one place where the law of unintended
consequences may step in.  Will all of the threads be broken too?)  Of course, there is already
archive.libreoffice.org for those.  Do they stay that way?

Additional curiosities.  Is there some system that has global.libreoffice.org be preferable to
lists.libreoffice.org ?   Or is this some limitation of how Heinlein Support is working their
magic?  Maybe what you really want is honorifics, so you can be floeff@founders.libreoffice.org or
floeff@members.libreoffice.org and floeff@staff.libreoffice.org (you can go crazy with this, though
I recommend against floeff@supremeleader.libreoffice.org ) since you're going to have to redo your
stationery and business cards anyhow?

Now, I do like affinity forwardings.  After all, I get to be dennis.hamilton@acm.org (a forwarding)
and also orcmid@sourceforge.net and even orcmid@google.com (set up as a forwarding too) and, once
upon a time, orcmid@computer.org.   I may even have Facebook and Linked-in affinities, though I
haven't bothered to check.   I am just looking at the system-engineering aspects of this mid-course
correction and how it appears to disrupt the many for the benefit of a few.  Odd, that, considering
what it is we are out to accomplish and promote and who we say we are?

Playfully,

 - Dennis

PS: I do happen to filter on what appears in the "To" of incoming mail.  But it is relatively easy
to change those rules since I also use a white-list spam system and the new "To" and perhaps "from"
e-mail addresses will go to spam until I do something about them.