Thanks :)  Err i didn't mean to get rid of the machine.  I've got an older one that i am trying to
get basic officey things and a web-browser working on.  Hence my interest in Lubuntu as i chickened
out of going distro-hopping this time and just want something fairly familiar.  I should go with
SliTaz as it's  interesting  and would have loads of elbow room.  Then i might have more luck with
a couple of even older machines that have some sentimental value.

From: Pertti Rönnberg<ptjr@elisanet.fi>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, 11 April, 2012, 12:22

May I ask for advice,
I have an old spare laptop (HP/Compaq NX9005) and thought of installing a Linux, e.g. Ubuntu on
it.
      are there other Linux-distributions than Ubuntu to be considered as best for private/home
use?
      if Ubuntu, what version do you recommend to start with?
      can I install Ubuntu without a LibO -- and install LibO separately ? Or OpenO?
      what LibO version is today best in the Linux/Ubuntu world?
Thanks in advance
Pertti Rönnberg