Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.  In short, I'd already upped the memory options
for graphics (250MB total, 10MB per object, 100 objects) and tools like
free etc. show that I'm nowhere close to using all my memory (with or
without swapping enabled).

David

On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 22:04 -0400, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
Have you attempted anything in particular to see if it allows for a
speed improvement? For example:

1. Check on memory usage. How high is it? Are you running out of memory?

2. Change graphics settings:

Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Memory

Then try increasing the memory for things such as graphics objects and
number of objects?

On 04/11/2013 01:59 PM, David Ronis wrote:
Hi Girvin,

Most of the graphics in the document are PDF pages that I've imported
into Draw and then cut and pasted them into an odt file, which in turn
is incorporated into the full document as laid out in the odm file.

Also normal scrolling of the odm document is horrendously slow as well
(minutes to scroll to the next page and redraw).

David