I don't think the QuickStarter is made for Gnu&Linux systems.  We get a bit spoiled.  If things
don't almost instantly then we tend to be a bit impatient.

With Windows people get used to their systems slowing down quite a lot or being given a system that
is desperately slow.  It gets so slow that a number of work-arounds have been built, such as
keeping programs open all the time even if they are not being used.  This makes them appear to
'open' faster and gives the illusion that the system is more responsive.  Of course that tends to
slow Windows even more because programs can't share libraries and other components in Ram and
Swap/Virtual-memory.  So, people figure out work-arounds such as going off to make a cuppa tea or
deal with filing or double-clicking a load of times in frustration.

The question is whether you really need quickstarter?  Roughly how long does it take to open
LibreOffice?  It usually is quite slow, like the Gimp.  Are other programs also slow?  Is it
possible to add some more Ram or get a newer cpu with more L1 or L2 cache?  Obviously DDR ram is
too expensive and just not worth it but DDR2 is cheaper and DDR3 is worth buying at the moment.
Cpu can have more impact for less money though.