-------- Original Message  --------
From: Dallen
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:18:26 -0700 (MST)

I have joined the documentation team already and am working with
them. What I'm looking for is feedback from users. It's easy for
writers to write what they want to write or what they find useful.
What I want to know is how users feel about the documentation.

Ding! Ding! Hello!
Who the heck do you think has been writing this stuff since 2001?
Short answer: USERS!!!

There is no "Documentation Team", only a tiny handful of USERS, who
occasionally step up to the plate and try to contribute something that
may be of help to our fellow USERS. Be assured that none of those
contributors only "write what they want to write or what they find
useful" and if they wanted "easy" they would not write anything.

To the best of my knowledge, only one of those USERS has professional
writing skills and without her tireless input from day one neither the
previous OOo project or LO would not have any usable documentation.

Of course it's possible to create documentation in the form of videos,
epub, slide presentations or any other "all-singing, all-dancing,
lights-bells-whistles-and-buzzers" media form anyone wants to add to
their wish list. There is just one tiny trivial problem, finding the
army willing volunteers to take on these tasks. Research is good, but
the research priority should be how to find and keep documentation
contributors.

Regards
Dave