Java 6_21 or 7_3 seem to be the best.  It's best to try the latest version first and if that
doesn't work try the older one.  You can install java AFTER LibreOffice but then you might have to
go to
Tools - Options - Java
to set which version of java LO starts using.  You can have multiple versions of java installed at
the same time but it's best to remove them and get down to the fewest possible.   Idealy just the
latest pre-release version (for your web-browsers and stuff) and whatever LO needs (hopefully the
same latest version).

The problem with java is that it's cross-platform and easily compromised by a variety of types of
malware.  Lately it has become so bad that the last 3 (7_0, 7_1 and 7_2) versions were allegedly
facing active threats out in the wild even before they got released.  So, Oracle started working on
newer versions.  The 6_29 is so bad that even Macs got compromised (according to ZDnet and twitter
reports neither of which i never really believe much tbh).

A few years ago Sun were able to include a copy of java with some vague confidence that
1.  machines wouldn't get infected so fast as they would these days
2.  Oracle wouldn't try to claw back some cash by taking Sun to court for whatever stupid excuse
they could come up with.
These days neither of those things can be relied on at all.  In effect nowadays bundling java might
even be considered as bundling a trojan in with LO!

The LO devs are heroically writing out java dependence but some still remains.  I have to say that
out of 12 machines i keep a fairly close eye on none of them seem to have had a problem with the
6_29 but it's very possible i wouldn't notice until users grumble about obvious signs beyond just
being slow.