Rhythmbox is supposed to be quite good.  I like Brasero too but i think that is slightly different.
 Brasero might let you make an iso file on your hard-drive so that you have a back-up copy of the
Cd/Dvd and can play it as though it really is a Cd/Dvd.  The ultra latest stuff tends to have some
security to try to prevent it but their security usually fails even without actually 'hacking' it
(they mean cracking).

Continuing to assume these are Cd/Dvds that you own, have you tried just playing them?  If you put
the Cd/Dvd in and just double-slick on it it should start just playing.  That pulls it into
Rhythmbox (or whatever) and that will probably let you copy or move the track to another place,
like your music folder.

All this ripping and stuff sounds quite tiring and complicated.  Drag&drop or copy&paste might be
easier.  I haven't read these links but they look like reputable sources.  My fav is the 2nd link
(i actually did manage to read 'all the way through' that one)
http://askubuntu.com/questions/6392/how-rhythmbox-music-management-works
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/musicvideophotos/C/music-extract.html
https://answers.launchpad.net/rb-fileorganizer/+question/182527

Notice that Ubuntu has a lot of the same "support forums" that LibreOffice has.  We have an AskLO
and the proper forums are about to go live any month now.

We don't generally have much documentation on the official TDF or LibreOffice websites (like this
at the Rhythmbox site
https://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/ThirdParty
although there is an Faq on 'ours'.  We tend to use a Wiki instead because it's easier to update
and more people updating it or rewording it helps capture inspiration even from non-English
speakers and then "smooth things out" into better English later.

There is another general Gnu&Linux forum at
http://www.linuxquestions.org

It is off-topic for this emailing list but heck, why not just ask!  No harm done :)  We could
probably help with soem Windows or Mac or Android issues too tbh because when you start using
Gnu&Linux you learn a lot about other systems quite fast even if it's just from other people
showing off and trying to tell you why their system is better (even tho it isn't, they all have
pros and cons)