I really am very pro-FOSS and pro-LO, but I want to interject a wet blanket here regarding
companies picking up FOSS and migrating to LO.

I think the truth is, LO just isn't ready for that kind of prime-time. I have been using almost
exclusively FOSS for five years now, even converting a school I do IT work for to FOSS (LO on
Mint), but on the occasion when I have to go back to some development on MS Excel I feel like I
just parked a 1981 Pontiac 4-cylindar and got back into a Lincoln. Sure, it's partly long-standing
familiarity, but a person can spend a day figuring out something in LO BASIC or Python against LO
and turn around and do it in half an hour with ThisThing.DoThat in VBA or via .NET Framework
against MS Office. And that "long-standing familiarity" with MS is exactly what 95% (made-up
number) of corporate techs have.

I've done years of retail sales in electronics, and one lesson I've learned is never to over-sell,
especially not to businesses. Again, after five years of LO on Linux Mint I would never recommend a
company go with that sort of software stack. The price of the CALs and software licenses may be
significant, but it's still small compared to the extra work involved using FOSS.

Given some grant money, in fact, we're basically now moving that school to the Google ecosystem.
Linux is the opposite of ChromeOS, whatever the technical relationship. Linux is about
power-to-the-people; ChromeOS is about convenience-and-control. The latter is what 99% (made-up
number) of companies and institutions want. Now Google is targeting the business space ever more
with ChromeOS, and it makes sense.

It takes only one thing that doesn't interop, and corporate IT has a bad day, for themselves, and
because everyone and their dog is showing up asking why they ever went to the "stupid new" software
in the first place.

In my humble opinion time and effort would be better spent getting technically minded
(post-secondary) students involved in using and developing LO, recognizing that business
integration is still a generation away. Again, there may be some narrowly-defined usage cases, or a
few tech firms that have the local know-how to move to FOSS since everyone uses Linux at home
anyway, but very sorry to say, I wouldn't want to over-sell LO now and then be cursed because of
it, even when its time truly comes in 15 years or so.