Fred has been looking into it a bit more but we still haven't worked out if it really is bad.  It's
still looking like a good product but it is more comparable with these;

http://open-school.org/
http://akuraschools.org/
http://centresis.org/

 think Moodle is something a bit different, a "Course Management System"
 that might be part of one of the Suites or might replace hefty chunks
of it.
https://moodle.org/
I think Moodle has another OpenSource competitor too but i can't quite remember that far back and
only vaguely remembered moodle because it's fun to say.  It turns out my old 6th Form College is
one of the places now using Moodle.