How about for the new branch, until it reaches say 3.x.4, we say something like
"Get in there fast to check out all the newest features",
"Can you be the first of your friends and colleagues to test-drive all the new features"

or

"The Document Foundation (TDF) announces LibreOffice 3.6.3, for Windows, MacOS and Linux, a large
range of exciting new features and improved interoperability with proprietary software for
corporate deployments. The best free office suite ever is quickly becoming the de facto standard
for migrations to free office suites."