Normally i just scroll through the list of fonts.  It is a bit annoying that there is no scroll-bar
i guess but i hadn't really thought about it.  Mouse wheels scroll through quite easily and there
is (or 'should' be) fairly thin lines at the bottom of the list with the triangle / arrow type
thing that you often see on drop-downs or sometimes pressing the first letter of the font name
seems to work in most programs.

If the fonts list is broken on your machines then it would be good to post a bug-report.  I guess
you have already tried renaming the User Profile just to make sure it's not some weird setting or
Extension misbehaving?