The DocX implementation is not perfect in MS Word.  There is allegedly an internationally agreed
'open' standard with the same name but inevitably there are deviations from that in MS products.

LibreOffice is getting closer to the implementations used in MS Word but each version of MS Word
implements 'the standard' slightly differently.  According to the Microsoft.Com website (or was it
the  installer for MS Office 2010) it also varies according to which OS you happen to be using.  So
the way a docX is produced by MS Word 2007 on Xp may be slightly different from the way it's
produced in MS Word 2007 on Windows7.  Some LibreOffice users find they become the "middle-man"
between colleagues in the same office using MS Word who would normally have problems sharing files
with each other because they use different versions of Windows itself.  Simply by opening and
saving again in LO  tends to fix the problems from either person and produces a document that
magically works on both different MS Word users.

MS keeps moving the goal-posts so if a document doesn't work then just post a bug-report about it.
The LibreOffice devs then get around to 'fixing' LO so that it reads the new mess created by or
desired by MS Office.

Personally i would recommend avoiding the MS formats and just stick with Odf such as Odt for
word-processing.  If you need to share with MS Office users keep your original in Odt and just
"Save As..." to get an MS format.  I tend to use Doc rather than DocX as it tends to get less
messy.

This is just my own opinion based on experience, comments on this and other lists and from having
just installed MS Office on the networked machine at work.  It's not necessarily the view of TDF as
i am not even a member of TDF.