The 3.5.x branch prefers java 1.7 and apparently that preference has been back-ported to 3.4.5 and
also gone into the 3.4.6.  For a Mac it's quite important to remove java 6_29 or was it 6_30 asap.

On 2012-04-21 08:07, Elizabeth Lawrence wrote:
Hi Nick,

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8.  I am trying to start a new database and trying to click on use Wizard
to create table.  It doesn't click properly and the suggestion of creating a table using the
Wizard vanishes.   I have to confess I haven't used Libreoffice before, but my Boss suggested it
for a database and showed me how to start off.  I have used a database before but I really can't
get on with this at the moment.  I'm in a big sulk at the moment and have uninstalled
Libreoffice, working all weekend so I'll have another go next week.  If you can think of anything
that might get me going, I would be really grateful.

Liz
On 20 Apr 2012, at 19:08, Rev. Nick Sharp wrote:

On 20 April 2012 18:08, Elizabeth Lawrence <lawrence-elizabeth@sky.com> wrote:
Hi Alex,

Sorry I was so vague, when I start the database section and select tables,
the Wizard comes up but disappears as soon as I try to click it.  Sorry, not
very technical language.

Liz

That's a little bit more helpful, Liz, but I think we still need to
know more details. Forgive me if I'm being too obvious ...

Can you step us through exactly what you did? Are you starting a brand
new database, or opening an existing one? If it's an existing one,
what is its name? (including the letters after the dot)

Please click on Help in the menu bar, then About LibreOffice, and tell
us what it says immediately below the the LibreOffice logo - there
should be two lines before all the copyright details.

Is your computer running Windows? If so, what version? Or are you
using a Mac? Or maybe you're running Linux. If so, do you know what
distro?

Are you clicking on the line that says "Use wizard to create table"?

Just ignore any question you don;t understand, but precise answers to
the other questions will help the experts here with a diagnosis.

It may be that you need to read a getting started guide. I'm sure
there's someone here who will point you to one on the web soon. It's
worth reading carefully. I should warn you - databases are harder than
you might think!

Nick