Hi
"Msiexec“
Sorry for the typo....
--
Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger

On 29. April 2014 10:27:14 MESZ, James E Lang <jim+lou@lang.hm> wrote:
'msciexec' is not recognized …

--
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:14
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Upgrade Problem on Windows

Hi James,

James E Lang schrieb:
Hi Florian.

-----Original Message----- From: Florian Reisinger
<florei@libreoffice.org> To: LO Users <users@global.libreoffice.org>,
James E Lang <jim+lou@lang.hm>, Regina Henschel
<rb.henschel@t-online.de> Sent: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 8:23 Subject: Re:
[libreoffice-users] Upgrade Problem on Windows

Hi,

What I can imagine is the following: Some C++ redistributables.
Please try a parallel installation (start the installer with the
option "/a").

[ I was double clicking D:\Downloads\LibreOffice_4.1.5_Win_x86.msi

How do I add option /a? ]

Click on Start. There click on Run. You get an input line with label
'Open'. Enter the text

cmd

Now you get a command line window. Enter the following texts and finish

each line with enter.

D:

cd Downloads

msciexec /a LibreOffice_4.1.5_Win_x86.msi

The reaction has a little bit delay. But then the installation wizard
of
LibreOffice should start.

This is not a installation, bit an extraction. If you have questions,
please ask :)

[ "Installation" | "extraction" ? Are you saying that what I'm doing
should be called an extraction or that option /a makes it an
extraction? I think somebody stated that if extracted rather than
installed, the new version would NOT be invoked by double clicking a
document (e.g. pizzalog.ods).

It will tell you that the files are to be _extracted_ to a net work
drive. There you get the option to choose the destination, in your case

drive D. It is correct, that this does not add any registry entries to
provide "call by doubleclick". But you can change that later. First you

need to get this extraction and then we will help you with the next
steps.

Kind regards
Regina

deleted