Good advice, Tom. Unfortunately, I am having to uninstall 3.5 as we speak
and locate the 3.4.5 installation files. It seems LO 3.5 has trouble even
with some .odt files.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

Hi :)
Obviously if 3.5.x is producing some files in MS formats that MS Office
can't read then it's worth steering away from the 3.5.x at the moment.
Since 3.4.x and 3.3.x didn't have those sorts of problems i would stick
with one of those or use one of those to fix the problem if it occurs.

It's usually a good plan to keep one version of documents in ODF format
(format format again) just in case problems do occur as it keeps everything
nice and tidy.

Also MS are giving up on their Rtf format and now phasing out Doc in
favour of DocX so presumably it will only be a 'few' years before they
phase out DocX.