On the contrary. MS do not fix their problems quickly at all.  Even known malware threats remain
for months and even years.  Their strategy is to blame the users.  A typical one being to tell
users they shouldn't be using macros because of the likelihood of getting an infected or corrupted
one.  Read "The Emperor’s New Clothes".  People are told that MS Office is the best and so when
they find problems with it they tend to blame themselves rather than the software.

For example when using non-MS software someone would quite happily slate the product with this sort
of thing "I opened my document and deleted tons of stuff and saved it using the same name.  now
when i open the document it has all that stuff missing!  The stupid program can't even find the
stuff that i deleted.  No, of course i don't have a back-up of the file before my deletions"

One problem that has never been solved is that when creating an MS document the style keeps
randomly changing without the user doing anything noticeable.  So, the language keeps switching to
US.  Bullet-points and numbering styles keep changing.  So in a bulleted list the points keep
changing shape, size and amount they are indented by.  Numbered lists may well miss a few numbers
or repeat a few or suddenly change from i), ii) to c), d) or other weirdness.

People have learned to accept all this shoddiness from Word because it happens to so many people.
Really advanced users have learned to re-impose formatting after completing a document or just
accept it.

Spelling has gone out the window not just because of the MTV generation but also because MS's
spell-checker keeps switching languages back into American (US) so things that are correct are
sometimes given a red-wriggle and sometimes blatantly incorrect spellings are not found.

LibreOffice tends to stick to the same style throughout, unless the user has deliberately changed
styles and is aware of having done so.  So, bullet-points line-up and retain the same size.
Likewise with numbered lists.

Another problem is the way Word can't handle images with much sophistication.  MS produce a
different product for people to buy.  Publisher.  Most of the functionality of publisher wouldn't
be needed if Word wasn't such a Pos.  Writer handles most things that Publisher does with more
elegance and sophistication.

Another problem is the limited choices when exporting to Pdf.  I often get posters and stuff from
Word users that probably looked quite good at their end but the jpg compression has made a mad
swirly mess of it.  LibreOffice allows you to set the type of compression and even allows people to
create uncompressed Pdfs.  Pdfs can be created with various levels of integration with
screen-readers for blind-users.  MS Word has limited options.

So, LO already is a far better product in many, many ways but people have learned to accept
problems with MS stuff and are even happy when their machine is heavily infected with malware that
results from using MS junk.

Just my opinion and doubtless many people, especially the BoD disagree.