HI :)
I think the default font size is the font size of the "text-body" or "default" style used in the
body text that is under the heading (hopefully)

Note that if you look through the various font sizes of the styles that are given as defaults then
"Heading1" is already set as a percentage.  It's only "Heading2", "Heading3" and so on that would
need changing from fixed sizes.

Another neat trick is that all the styles cascade anyway.  So if you modify the relevant style then
all subsequent ones change too, to stay relevant to the one you changed.  Sadly i don't fully
understand which ones cascade from which.  clicking this link starts downloading the Pdf directly
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/6/6e/GS4003-StylesAndTemplates.pdf