I'm on an Xp machine (well on the Windows side of a dual-boot machine) and LO 4.0.3 has a tiny
little green arrow on the far right at the top just under the minimise, window, close buttons.
When i wave the mouse arrow over it a tool-tips yellow bubble appears telling me an update is
available.

Sadly when i click on that the magic doesn't happen.  It just opens a tab in Firefox taking me to
the downloads page.

Something else i find odd about the UI is that sometimes the "Save" button/icon looks like a
floppy-disk (anyone else remember them?) and sometimes has a more modern, errr green arrow again.
I was proudly boasting to someone that LO was so advanced that it was the 1st program to move away
from using the floppy-disk icon and then he showed me it was still there.  Grrrr

Anyway, getting back on-topic it seems the protable version has been released at last.  Florian did
his magic tricks and it's appeared.

From: M Henri Day <mhenriday@gmail.com>