I think pps is specifically designed to avoid dropping into edit mode.  People
wanted to play a professional series of slides without worrying about looking
dumb at the end of the show in front of an audience.

To edit, just right-click on the pps and rename it so that you can change the
pps to ppt.  When you are ready to show it to an audience right-click and change
the ppt to pps again.  It doesn't change the formatting of the slides at all.
It just means the show doesn't end with an embarrassing view of
behind-the-scenes.

Good luck and regards from

On 2011-02-11 2:44 AM, Mihai Dobrescu wrote:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
I just tested, and if I right-click, 'Open with...', then choose
'LibreOffice 3.3' - NOT 'LibreOffice Impress' - it just opens it for
editing...

Sorry, I don't understand the 'LibreOffice 3.3' - NOT 'LibreOffice
Impress'
part.

There is a list of available programs to choose from when you
'right-click' > 'open with'... in that list, there are, among others:

LibreOffice 3.3
LibreOffice Impress

Click on the ...3.3 one instead of the ...Impress one.

--

Best regards,

Charles

Wanna know something weird? I open LibreOffice, I chose 'Open' command, it
opens the file, plays it, and closes! I can't find a way to edit it. I don't
think is desirable to rename it just to edit. And it didn't do so until it
was the stable build. As beta behaved as I need.