On 01/06/2020 16:03, Pulkit Krishna wrote:
Oh yes. Now I get your problem. You have installed 32 bit Java. You
should install a 64 bit java.
Pulkit Krishna

Ah, I suspected it might be so.  I assume I should remove the version
I've got and start again?  I'll make sure it's removed, then look for
the correct  version in the morning.

Thanks for all the help, folks.

Anne

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 8:21 PM Anne Wilson <anne@lydgate.org
<mailto:anne@lydgate.org>> wrote:

    On 01/06/2020 10:42, Pulkit Krishna wrote:
    > On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 3:04 PM Anne Wilson <anne@lydgate.org
    <mailto:anne@lydgate.org>
    > <mailto:anne@lydgate.org <mailto:anne@lydgate.org>>> wrote:
    >
    > I keep a database of magazine articles, with the file saved on my
    > server which is accessed by a drive mapping (Y:).
    >
    > It may be the source of error that the database isn't stored locally.

    I know things can change, but I used a local Libre Office installation
    with this database accessed from the mapped drive, (Y:), exactly as I
    have set it up.  Since the new laptop was necessitated by a hard drive
    trashing, I can't look back to try to find any other possible culprits.

    > I installed java runtime and checked the version.  However when I try
    > to run Base I see the page that lists tables, forms, reports etc.
    >
    > Actually they are listed on different pages.
    >
    > , but can't open any of those links.
    >
    > Links? What links?

    Sure - my bad description.  Along with the attachment reporting lack of
    Java, I attached an overview of what I can currently see.  It looks fine
    - just as I'd expect, but when I try to open the Display view, most used
    as it contains description and images, I get the no-java report.

    > The mailing list removes any attachment. Can you send the attachment
    > to me directly?

    My bad - I should have remembered that.

    > Please can someone point me towards finding what is causing this?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Also, I would be help you much more efficiently if you provide other
    > technical details such as your operating system, architecture,
    > LibreOffice version, which java you use? (oracle or openjava) Java
    > version etc.

    OK - Windows 10 v.1909 64-bit.  Java is Oracle 8, v.251 - I think on the
    old laptop I had openjava.  It is installed at C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\.  Is this in fact a 32-bit version?  I know LO
    says I must have a 64-bit version.

    Anything else that would help?

    Thanks

    Anne