Hi,

I didn't have any luck with Tom's link. I did a little research. In Ubuntu, this user file is at:
/home/<user name>/.libreoffice/3/user

In Ubuntu, if you are using Unity, click the home folder in the launcher bar (normally just under the Dash button) , then move your mouse to the top bar where the menus appear. Then click view, then show hidden files. When you look again at the files and folders, you will see .libreoffice. In Linux, a . before a folder or file name means it is a hidden file or folder. Go to the user folder name, and rename it to something like userbackup. Then when you open LibreOffice the next time, it will create a new user folder. I everything works in there, then you can copy back the contents from the contents of the backup file until the corrupt portion of the backup file starts the problem again.

Don

On 02/11/2012 06:46 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Home is a bit confusing on Ubuntu.  The system might well not be happy with you trying to save there.
On most Gnu&Linux systems (including Ubuntu) you get a folder called

/home

that you can see in the root / folder of the file-system.  It's a system-folder that you can't really save stuff in as
a normal user.  Inside /home is a folder for each user-name that can login to the system.  Ubuntu has a
"Places" menu that refers to something it calls "home" but is really the

/home/user

folder which you might not always be allowed to save to as a normal user.  Ok, maybe not hugely
confusing but imprecise enough to cause a mis-step sometimes.  So,

/home/user/Documents

is really the best place to try saving to. LiveCds don't mind if you really mess up their system because they assume that you can't write to the Cd so when you reboot you get a fresh system. So they happily drop you in as a SuperUser/RootUser/SystemAdministrator. If you then login to a proper install as a normal user then you can open files written but not save over the top of them because you don't have elevated permissions anymore. It will allow you to save the same file under a different name. I add v1 at the end of the file-name or change v1 to v2.
Err, i have made that about as clear as mud!  Sorry!