I think Oracle has always gone too far.  I suspect the delay with Slackware switching was due to
just how embedded MySql is in so many things and they wanted to make sure MariaDb really would work
in as many of those places or ways as possible.

Thanks for the feedback!  I feel a bit vindicated again :)  It is going to affect office systems so
i figure it is good for us to be aware of what is going on.
Thanks and regards from