2013/10/7 Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi :)
I once read an amusing article "If operating systems were airplanes".  I
couldn't find the one i read but managed to pluck these bits from Zyra's
mad website.

Mac Airlines
All the stewards, captains, baggage handlers, and ticket agents are all
friendly and attractive but all look and act exactly the same.  Every time
you ask questions about details, you are gently but firmly told that you
don't need to know, don't want to know, and everything will be done for you
without your ever having to know.

Windows Air
The terminal is pretty and colourful, with friendly stewards, easy baggage
check and boarding, and a smooth take-off.  After about 10 minutes in the
air, the plane explodes with no warning whatsoever.

Linux Air
When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts, a wrench and a
copy of the seat-HOWTO.html.
Once settled, the fully adjustable seat is very comfortable, the plane
leaves and arrives on time without a single problem, the in-flight meal is
wonderful.  You try to tell customers of the other airlines about the great
trip, but all they can say is, "You had to do what with the seat?"

I think nowadays exploding is less likely but when i replaced it with
"suddenly has to land and take off again" it stopped being so amusing.

+
​1. ;-)

Henri​