People can comment on my free and FOSS package list - OFF the list - or at least what package should be added or removed from it.

I just added it to the info as a "side note" to my posting.

To be honest, I have not spent much time updating, editing, etc., this list over the past few years since I started using Linux for my main/default desktop.

One of the last major add-ons to that list was for LibreOffice.

LO needs to be on list of free and FOSS packages that can, or should, be included with the installation of packages on a new Windows-based computer. I keep LO on that needed list up there with security packages, defrag, doPDF printer, Web of Trust, plus graphics and audio/video packages.

The more of these essential software/package lists that LO is placed on, the better it is for LO. We need to get on the "higher profile" lists than something I made for my community of friends, associates, and those who find out about it by "word of mouth".

On 04/04/2013 04:48 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Superb!  I just visited that list too and looks like some good names in there that have a good
reputation rather than just being  big names (although sometimes things have both).

Have you tried Gnumeric?  If you need a fast, light-weight (but powerful) dedicated spreadsheet
program without worrying about having all the rest of the programs then Gnumeric kinda knocks the
socks off Calc (and Excel)

http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/

but it doesn't have such tight integration with other apps and things in the way Calc has.  So, "it just does what
it says on the tin", ie it only does spreadsheet functions.  Oh, and it looks a bit Win98 for it's Gui and website
which fools people into missing the power "under the bonnet".  There is a good argument for using Writer for
the odd document here or there and then Gnumeric  if you use spreadsheets a LOT.

If you do try Gnumeric please let us know how it compares