Hi,
An update on the work done for interviewing developers,

It was suggested that I should interview developers from India. Unfortunately, I have not found any
so far.

In addition, it was discussed that the interview should have a pre-defined set of questions.
So, I found the following from the TDF blog:
http://blog.documentfoundation.org/
1) Programming is about people: so please ! tell us a bit about yourself:
2) What was your very first program ?
3) What do you do when you’re not hacking on LibreOffice ?
4) When do you usually spend time on the project ?
5) Which is your preferred text editor? And why?
6) How did you hear about LibreOffice ?
7) Why did you get involved ?
8) What was your first contribution to LibreOffice ?
9) What do you think was your most important contribution to LibreOffice  so far ?
10) What is your vision for the future and/or what would you most like to see improved ?

These questions provide a very good introduction to the developers behind libreoffice.
In case, you would like to see other questions being asked in the interview, the please reply here.

To get an interview completed this week or next, I intend to ping more people on the LO dev list.

thanks
Dhiren Jani
Gujarat, India

From: dhirenjani@hotmail.com
To: marketing@libreoffice.org
Subject: RE: [libreoffice-marketing] "LibreOffice Magazine" -- official       monthly magazine to
the LibreOffice world
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:06:39 -0600

Hi,
I cannot commit to regular interviews every few weeks, but I can start this initiative.
I will coordinate with Cor Nouws to get some material for the website soon.

Just for clarification, is this meant to be a part of marketing effort only for the launch and
subsequent initial publicity?
Regular interviews could become a release specific activity, but it would fall in the category of
"good to have".
On the other hand, regular user/customer interviews, from different segments such as education,
non-profit, government are a  "must have".
I can participate in those too, with a little help.

thanks
Dhiren

the LibreOffice world
From: christoph@dogmatux.com
To: marketing@libreoffice.org
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 01:14:50 +0100

Hi Marc, all!

Am Samstag, den 27.11.2010, 15:00 -0500 schrieb Sadiq Saif:
I agree with Dhiren here. It might be difficult to produce unique and
interesting content for the duration of one month.

Oh, there is enough interesting content, I think ... but at the moment
it seems that we do miss contributors for even smaller tasks. I don't
the current status (Cor?), but I do think that the request for
Interviewing the Developers (or other Contributors) has been missed.

Cor asked for help, some weeks ago:
http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/marketing/msg00562.html

If somebody could pick that up and do regular interviews, then this
would help to build a better (known) community.

Cheers,
Christoph