2013/1/27 Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>:
Hi :)
It should be fine in Ubuntu 12.04.  I'm not sure why people are talking about Windows

That felt strange to me too, since I mentioned my operating system in
my original post. Even stranger is that I received that message at
all, since I have a filter that is supposed move all messages that
contains the word ”Windows” (or any of some other words) from my inbox
so I never have to read them, but obviously this does not work, which
doesn't have anything to do with LibreOffice anyway, so this is way
off topic…

but this guide covers both anyway
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

Thanks. I'll take a look at it later.

Johnny Rosenberg

(to answer my own questions it's probably because there's been a lot of traffic on-list so people
have to skim through quickly and most questions tend to be about Windows)
Good luck and regards from