Hi Johnny,

My apologizes for not being clearer.

I've never used Rate Function in Excel nor Calc.

I've explored the ? Help function but that's not altogether clear for me.

I'm trying to figure out the step-by-step of calculating the interest rate
(not total interest amount charged for the length of the loan) on a car
loan where $11,886.87 is borrowed and the monthly payments are $291.09 a
month for 48 months.

I open Calc and then where do I find Rate Function?

Once that feature is activated, how/where do I input the factors I have to
have it calculate the interest rate?

Thank you for your help.

Charles.

From: Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>
To: "LibreOffice Användare" <users@global.libreoffice.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 21:10:56 +0200
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc - Rate Function similar to Excel
Well, why not use the RATE function in Calc? It seems to take the same
parameters as Excel do, are you saying it doesn't return the same values as
Excel?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg