The problem is solved. I increased memory as was suggested and that fixed it. The strange thing is, I reverted back to the old memory settings and it's still fixed. Don't know why. There was a Windows update this evening. I wonder if that had anything to do with it and it wasn't a LO issue at all?

-Bill

On 4/23/2013 4:50 PM, Upscope wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 08:10:49 PM Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Steve!  I think that was the trick the Docs Team mentioned!  Turn off
the auto-back-ups and stuff.  Just remember to save often and make
your own back-ups.  Regards from
Tom :)
Turned off everything on the options/load-save/general page, still no
help.
________________________________

On 2013-04-23 22:21, William Drago wrote:
Well, I may wait for 4.0.3 and see if that fixes anything. I did
check the bugs list and I don't see my specific bug mentioned, but
it may manifest itself in different ways, so maybe it will be
fixed in 4.0.3.

The bug that makes LO 4 unusable for me is drawings no longer save
when pasted into Writer (exit LO, re-open the document, and the
drawings are gone). A significant amount of my work involves making
drawings in LO Draw and using them in Writer documents. What I have
been doing as a workaround is pasting screenshots of the drawings
into Writer.

Thanks for all the replies...

-Bill

On 4/23/2013 4:58 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I found this link on the official website
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
I got there from the main website
http://www.libreoffice.org/
then the trail
"Main website" - "Get involved" - "QA"

got me to

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/qa-testers/

Hmm, you caught me out.  What i described is what i wish i did and
keep promising myself i will do next time, this time, each time
but
never quite get around to it.  Errr, well tried the 4.0.0 fairly
early but really liked it and stuck with it.  I was going to hunt
around the different articles published at the time to solve
problems
raised in their various lists of comments.  A few seemed so very
trivial that it made me wonder if the commenter had ever installed
anything before.  Sadly i didn't even get through that let alone
helping with testing out listed bugs.  So, this time i really have
downloaded the beta. Hopefully my good intentions wont get so
side-tracked this time!