Apologies, late night Saturday here 11H40PM, the version is 4.0.4.2 that I use in Windows and Linux and the stable one, not 4.1.?????.

Regards

Andrew Brown

On 03/08/2013 11:29 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Err, just 1 correction.

It's the 4.0.4 that is the most recent stable version. There is a 3.6.7 which is also stable but i would go for the 4.0.4 in almost all cases now.

The 4.1.0 is the first in the newer series and as such it brings in newer functionality and features. Most people will find it plenty stable enough. Even the alpha-test and beta-test versions were plenty stable enough for most people that used them but many people will be avoiding the 4.1.x branch until it reaches at least 4.1.3. Right now it's the best choice if you want cutting-edge or new features.

It's described on
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-policy/

There is a little graphic on the "Release Plan" page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan
although the colour-coding is possibly confusing. It might do better to use red, amber, green = as traffic lights do. Reducing it down to 3 colours might help anyway. It used to be much larger on the page which made it much easier to understand at a glance. I think it's been made too small now. However the graphic was an inspired stroke of genius when it was first created.