Ok, so this is off-topic but it's another security issue.

It's fairly easy for nefarious people to set-up unsecured wiifi networks.  I've been caught out by
this myself but was quite lucky because i was watching out for it and hadn't done any on-line
banking through their connection.

Typically you have a computer or device that connects to the internet without needing a cable so
you see a list of connections all with a padlock symbol and 1 or 2 with no padlock.  Clicking on
one of those gives you instant connection to the internet for free!!  WoooHoo!??  However
everything you do on the internet gets logged by the kind or stupid person that gave you the free
access.  They can fairly easily sniff through that to find passwords or login details of legitimate
networks or even better grab your bank account details.

They might try to make life even easier for themselves by giving you spurious Phishing pages to
attempt to discover your date-of-birth, mother's maiden name, address (you are out of the house and
roaming around right?) and answer to a typical security question such as "What was your first
school" or "Who was you favourite character in a book or movie".  Hotel networks such as those used
in cyber cafes, pubs, libraries, festivals, trains and other public places, might also ask some of
those things but the only bit you really have to fill in is the password/number that they give you.
 Anything else should be optional and most reputable places avoid asking anything more than they
really need.

Of course all the legitimate places (plus all those who really do accidentally leave their Wiifi
hook-up wide open) all collect the same information too, as do your ISPs, but the difference is
that
1.  usually they are not so interested in your personal stuff
2.  they have tons more information to sift through and are usually more worried about clearing out
all the temp folders and logs rather than using them for nefarious purposes
3.  it's less impossible to trace back to them when/if something does go wrong.  Hotels tend to
still be there in the morning.

Apparently in Germany it is illegal to have a wireless network that is not secured and sniffer vans
go out to try to catch people and fine them.  I think the sniffer vans find enough that they kinda
pay for themselves.  Of course the other way around is also true = that nefarious characters can
scrape a lot of information out of your computer just by going in through your unsecured wireless
access point on your home router.  I just don't hear abut many people doing that yet but then they
probably wouldn't brag about it much because it's too easy.

So, hopefully people have changed their password from "password" and their pin numbers from 1234,
1111, 2222 to something that is not quite so widely used but you still know that vast numbers of
people do still keep using them so they continue to be the number 1 most unsafe things to use.