You don't need to do all that typing anyway.  Just press the tab key a few times and the terminal
cleverly works out what you are aiming for.  It takes a bit of working out how it works at first
but it's a real boon once you get used to it.  Renaming is not a bad idea though as it clarifies
exactly what is what.

I thnk it inspired those old mobile phones that had "predictive texting" waaaay before smart-phones
arrived.  Hmmm, thinking about it i wonder what OS they were running! ;)  Unfortunately the phones
version of predictive text was quite a bit different and a bit of a pita for a lot of people.
Dunno how often my phone called my best buddy a cow!

This has beena  great thread!  Thanks all :)  It's given me a lot to try out.