In MS Office styles are an excessive waste of time.  You just have to accept that documents will
have changing fonts, bullet-point sizes, mis-numbering in lists and even changes in language used
by spell checkers.

In LibreOffice just start by using the default ones.  Don't even set-up new ones.  Instantly you
see a rise in quality and productivity.  Then show how changing the defaults ripples through the
whole document but keeps it looking very high quality.

The problem is that people have become so accustomed to the poor quality of documents that anyone
insisting on higher quality is seen as a fuddy-duddy, someone to ignore and ridicule even if that
person is in authority.

I recommend mentioning it briefly but move on swiftly.  You can't teach tricks to people that don't
want to learn.  Perhaps have an "advanced class" where people have to pay per lesson as an extra
for more detail on set topics, perhaps as arranged out-of-school lessons on an individual basis but
make sure it's somewhere public.