ODF is implemented the way it's documented as an ISO standard.  A lot of programs use the same
implementation.  According to devs it's fairly easy to write something that can read it.

Where programs have variations on their implementation those tend to be written up as bug-reports
(and gets fixed) or added to the file about what the "Extended" means in "ODF 1.2 (Extended)".

So, it's all clearly documented and is true to it's documentation.  That is all the reverse of all
other formats

In future years if you talk about trying to access large amounts of Rtf files, or DocX, then you
need to know which version of the format, which version of the Office Suite, even which OS was used
to create the files.  Documentation about the format wont help much because implementation is so
far away from it.

Wrt the ribbon argument, i'm glad it's over.  If the 'must have a ribbon' they can have Kingsoft
[shrugs].  The reason for LO to have one has now vanished because there is an alternative to MSO
that has one.  People will get tired of Kingsoft and may be more receptive to LO.