If you search for "python uno" you'll find some documentation that may help.

One of the first hits is http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/python-bridge.html, where you will
find an extension python-tokencounter-calc-addin.oxt that seems to define a Calc function named
tokencount().

Since .oxt files are actually .zip files, any version of unzip will help you accessing the source
code.

-rl

Am 2013-01-20 um 00:49 schrieb Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>:

[...]
There is a chapter about macros in the "Getting Started Guide"
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
Further down the same page are soem 3rd party guides that might be useful
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#Programmers
[...]