The OpenOffice.org Forums were moved onto Apache Servers in the past few days. Oracle was retiring
the server and the migration had to be done hastily.  Fortunately, the new server had already been
set up and experimental migrations confirmed.

The rehosted forums are now UP AND RUNNING AT THEIR ORIGINAL <http://user.services.openoffice.org/>
URLs.

Cor and others might have noticed outages during the transition, including the updates needed to
DNS servers for locating the correct server.

It is correct that there is no German Language Forum.  There certainly could be.  It depends on
availability of administrators and moderators for operating such a Forum.

DO NOT USE the <http://ooo-forums.apache.org/> URL.  It will work, (mapping to the same service)
but there may be breakage related to logins and accounts, cookies, and links to non-forum
locations.  For example, access via <http://user.services.openoffice.org/> has me logged in; access
via the apache.org URL does not.

I apologize that there was not more visible warning and indication of the changes that were about
to happen.  Fortunately, the Forums are operating in place as if nothing had changed.  There will
now be changes to integrate the forums, the wiki (also rehosted), and eventually all of
<http://openoffice.org> to reflect hosting as a companion of Apache OpenOffice.org.  There should
be no noticeable change to Forum operation and the extensive archive of Forum topics.

The intention is to be as ecumenical as possible in addressing questions from and supporting all
users of products having a common heritage with the Sun/Oracle OpenOffice.org projects.  That will
depend more on who asks questions and who answers them, of course.