I don't know if it will help but when weird things happen it sometimes help to try renaming your
User Profile
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
to "get back to factory defaults".  If some Extension or strange combination of settings is doing
something strange then that fixes it.

By renaming it you do keep all your old settings and can put them back afterwards or use them to
trouble-shoot so you can pin down the problem.

Btw when you paste into the newer 'worksheep' that should paste in your formatting too so you
shouldn't need to format prior to pasting.  If you wanted to paste without formatting use
Shift v
and choose unformatted text

I have no idea why things have gone so strangely tho! Hopefully someone else might
Good luck and regards from