Did the work below, but then came up with a simpler option.

Converts difference to minutes
=(E15-E14)/TIME(0,1,0)

Above Answer ANSWER/60
=((E15-E14)/TIME(0,1,0))/60

Above Answer  INT(ANSWER/60) gives full hours
=INT(((E15-E14)/TIME(0,1,0))/60)

Above Answer MOD(ANSWR,60) gives minutes left
=MOD(((E15-E14)/TIME(0,1,0)),60)

Original way of doing it.

E14 = 04/23/15 03:30 PM
E15 = 04/25/15 04:20 PM
E16 = 48
E17 = 50
E18 = 0
E19 = 50
E20 = 48
E21 = 48.833333

Formula in E16 to calc Hours in full days
=int(e15-e14)*24

Calculates the number of minuts left
E17 = =MOD((E15-E14),1)/TIME(0,1,0)

Calculate number of Hours in partial day
E18 =  =INT(E17/60)

Calc Remain Minutes
E19 = =MOD(E17,60)

Calc Total Hours
E20 = =E16+E18

Calc Hours with fraction.
E21 = =E20+E19/60

Added 12 hours to test  results.

                                                   04/23/15 03:30 PM

                                                   04/26/15 04:20 AM

                                                                  48
Full Hours

                                                                 770
Extra
Minutes

                                                                  12
Hours

                                                                  50
Minutes

                                                                  60
Total
Hours

                                                       60.8333333333

Date sent:              Fri, 24 Apr 2015 01:46:12 -0700 (MST)
From:                   sserra <simone.serra@cogne.com>
To:                     users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject:                [libreoffice-users] time and date difference

hello everyone,
I am using LibreOffice Version: 4.3.0.4 and I am having issues calculating
time differences..

I would like to calculate the time difference in hours between the following
date/times:

E14 = 23/04/2015 15:30
E15 = 25/04/2015 16:20
E16 = DAYS(E15;E14)

But I get a value error so I split data:

F14 = 23/04/2015
F15 = 25/04/2015
F16 = DAYS(F15;F14)  ---> Ok, I get 2, multiply  x 24 = 48h and it's fine

then for the hours

G14 = 15:30
G15 = 16:20
G16 = (G15<G14)+G15-G16 (as suggested by the wiki:
https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Calculating_Time_Differences)

but again I have a value error..

does anyone knows how can I solve this??

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     28512493.011262   |   SETI        50011275.211265
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    58725353.615700