Tom, I have changed the default package back to LO, but my wonder is why .odt did not go to LO when it what changed.

Okular does not read them properly at all, the only time I allowed it to open a .odt file, or at least that was my memory.

It is just weird that LO did not take all of its mimes associations back. It tends to be that the newly installed package who uses the mime/extension get it over the one that had it before. Then you have to change the properties of the extensions to give it back to the package of your choice. It seems to be that way with the audio/video packages I install on Ubuntu, so why not .odt going to LO when it was installed? I think that Okular was installed by Ubuntu and not me. I do not need that package so I would not have installed it.

By the way, as an install option for LO, I do like the part where I am asked if LO was going to be for just "me" or any user on the computer. I do not know if it is part of the OS install process, but I have seen it with the installation of extensions as well. For a multi-user computer, that is an interesting option.

On 06/26/2012 10:44 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
On Windows you could fix this by trying to reinstall LO.  Choose the repair option and somewhere you
get the install page that lets you select LO to be the default app that opens the appropriate
file-types.  At a guess it's possibly the same in Gnu&Linux but if you have solved it already it's
all good :)